What is Sonth Powder?
The spices that are used in Indian cuisine are diverse. However, there are a few spices that are common in almost every dish. One of these spices is a dry ginger powder which is popularly known as Sonth Powder. It comes from the dried roots of the ginger plant. It is commonly used in almost every Indian dish. It is a mild, pungent, aromatic, carminative, and digestive spice. Sonth powder is used in curries, marinades, pickles, chutneys, and various other dishes. It is digestive, carminative, and rejuvenating. Sonth powder is a well-made off-white brownish powder that is a good source of pungent aroma and gives a distinct flavor to the dish.
Sonth is one of the healthiest and most flavorful spices in the whole world. But did you know that this seemingly humble spice actually packs a powerful punch when it comes to health benefits?
The Health Benefits of Sonth Powder are aplenty.
- Sonth, much like ginger, is a storehouse of nutrients that help with digestion, weight loss, headaches, gut health, and more. It is also known to be beneficial for seasonal colds and flu.
- Sonth powder has a long-standing reputation for being an effective treatment for nausea and vomiting. Additionally, it can help with gas and bloating, as well as indigestion.
- Sonth or Shunthi is referred to as vishvabhejhaj, meaning universal medicine, because of its many uses. It is a natural pain killer used in Ayurveda to relieve all types of pain, including abdominal colicky pain, joint pain, headaches, and menstrual pain. Sonth or Shunthi balances Vata dosha in the body, making it an effective remedy for pain relief.
- In addition, sonth powder has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, making it good for treating stiffness, and rheumatoid arthritis, relieving swelling, pain in joints, and other inflammatory conditions.
- Sonth Powder can also help boost immunity and fight infections. The anti-bacterial properties in sonth also help prevent infections in the body.
- Sonth Powder can lower blood sugar levels, and protect against heart disease and cancer. It is a safe and effective way to improve your health and well-being.
So next time you’re cooking, don’t forget to add a little sonth powder to your dishes! You’ll not only be adding flavor, but you’ll also be doing your body a whole lot of good in the process.
If you are looking for pure Sonth Powder then Sahibaa Masala is the right choice for you. Sonth Powder is a key ingredient in many Indian dishes and is used to add a unique flavor and aroma. Sahibaa Masala is a leading manufacturer of Sonth Powder and offers a wide range of products to choose from. All of their products are made from pure ingredients and are of the highest quality. It is also free from any artificial colors or flavors and is made according to FSSAI guidelines, so you can be sure that you are getting the purest pepper powder possible. So what are you waiting for? Contact us today to get the Sonth Powder.